The Temporary Kitchen Company’s moto has always been ‘keeping you at home’ and we understand this is now more important than ever. We want to reassure you that we are doing all we can to ensure our customers and colleagues remain safe, whilst continuing to provide emergency temporary facilities to homes across the UK.
In light of the current situation we have conducted a full review of our processes to ensure we are doing the utmost to protect our customers during this time.
To enable us to do this we have put the following practices into place, effective immediately:
- All staff will be checked for indication of fever or cough before travelling.
- A new protocol is in place ensuring all new instructions deliveries/collections have been qualified as symptom free from coronavirus.
- All staff will wear protective clothing including disposable gloves and face masks.
- On arrival, please inform our staff if you are displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19. Our staff can then make an informed assessment.
- We always thoroughly clean and disinfect our units before the next hire, we will also ensure stock rotation which means no units will go from one customer to another without a break of 3 days in between hires.
- Where possible we will provide external product options which are available across our range of solutions.
- When staff still need to enter the home to complete your installation, we will insist that customers adhere to the government’s 2 meter social distancing recommendations as a minimum. Ideally we’d ask that you not be in the same rooms whilst works are completed for both your family’s and our staffs’ safety.
- Any surfaces we touch will be wiped down with anti- bacterial solution.
- We will not be using PDAs or any other form of electronic device.
- Should these conditions not be met, our staff will retreat to the vehicle and it may result in a failed delivery. If you have any specific concerns our staff are more than happy to discuss these with you.
- Any site visit/product handover instruction will be carried out via Facetime, video or call.
Our stock levels remain healthy and delivery lead times are unaffected.
We will continue to assess our practices alongside government guidelines and should anything change, we will update you immediately.
Thank you for your support and stay safe